SMICO insulation piercing connectors can be used for all types of LV-ABC conductors, as well as connections in the service line system, building electrical system and public lighting system. IPC can be easily installed by tightening the bolts to force the teeth to penetrate the insulation of the main line and the tap line simultaneously. Peeling of insulation on both lines is avoided.
It is made from polyamide 6.6 with fibreglass. Saw-shaped tabs are made from copper with a tin-plated finish to improve electrical contact. Connection by piercing the main and tap cables.
Insulation rating: IP4
- Main line: insulated aluminium wire.
- Tap line: insulated aluminium wire or insulated copper wire.
- The body is made of high-strength, weather-resistant material.
- Specially designed cutting head bolt allows efficient installation with specific tightening torque.
- The constant force ensures that the teeth penetrate the cable without damaging the mechanical strength of the conductor.
- An elastic seal and silicone grease are applied to ensure excellent waterproofing and corrosion-resistant performance.
- The end cap is attached to the body. No loose parts could come off during installation